© Copyright 2017 - The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. TEL (215) 546-3181 FAX (215) 546-5167
For inquiries, please contact our IT Department
- Billhead containing a view of the lime-kilns captioned "Cedar Hollow. Chester County." Shows workers busy at work around the smoking kilns and flats of lime. Men labor in the quarry across from the kilns and haul lime by horse-drawn cart. The company established in 1855 was purchased by the Charles Warner Company in 1899., Completed in manuscript to Mr. Adam Waldner Bros. on June 29, 1885 for "1 Whole lime 19 1/2 Bus. Whole $1.00" -26 [cents]: $60., Manuscript note on recto: Augt 7/85 Received Payment, check by mail. Cedar Hollow Lime Co. Fm W.H. Laurie. Please accept our thanks!, Contains punched whole in center., Cataloging funded by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities (PW-506-19-10), 2010-2012., Gift of Helen Beitler and Estate of Helen Beitler.