Album containing photographs of railroad bridges and stations along the B&O Railroad's Philadelphia Division taken on a trip made by a small group of B&O Railroad employees who surveyed the line, March 1891.
Depicts the roadway bridge carrying Mount Moriah Lane (Cemetery Avenue?) over the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad tracks. A man stands on the tracks nearby, looking toward the photographer. The platforms of the Mount Moriah Station are visible in the distance.
Depicts the railroad station constructed in 1886 after designs by Furness, Evans & Co. A horse is harnessed to a carriage and stands close to the platform nearby. Small, brick homes are visible behind the station.
Depicts a through truss bridge spanning the Philadelphia, Wilmington, & Baltimore Railroad tracks. The bridge is located at South 57th Street, between Woodland Avenue in the north and Grays Avenue in the south.
View of a locomotive pulling four railroad cars. The Baltimore & Ohio Railroad started the Royal Blue Line service between New York City and Washington, D.C. in 1890 to become more competitive with the Pennsylvania Railroad. Locomotives on the Royal Blue Line were the fastest owned by the railroad.