For inquiries, please contact the IT Manager and Digital Humanities Coordinator
- Exterior detail of front doorway of Cliveden, flanked by shutters and two identical statues. Built 1763-1767 after designs by Jacob Knor for Benjamin Chew. Fortified by British troops commanded by Colonel Musgrave during the Battle of Germantown. Site of the turning point in the battle. Chew family residence until 1972 when acquired by National Trust for Historic Preservation., Slide number 93., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount.
- Wagons, trolleys and pedestrians crowd the street and sidewalks in front of the shops along the north side of Market Street, west of Front Street. Names of businesses are painted on signboards along the block. Visible names include F. Frenzell, Vance & Co. and Coates Bros. Wool. A cigar shop occupies the southwest corner lot in the foreground., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount.