Back to top

Valley Green on Wissahickon.
View showing the inn built by Thomas Livezey circa 1850 near the Wissahickon Creek. The inn, managed by several proprietors under the Livezey family, was purchased by the city in 1872 and given over to the supervision of a patriotic women's society circa 1900. Shows signage adorning the building advertising a tea room and a telephone pay station. Lettering spelling "Valley Green" is visible on the side of the inn. Also shows a stone fence and a stable adjacent to the building., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount.

Washington Inn, Washtn. Lane & Main St., known as Washington Tavern, 1793.
Exterior view of west front and south flank of tavern known as Washington Tavern since 1793. Also used as a market house in the 19th century. Includes a partial view of the entrance and storefront of the store located south of the tavern on Germantown Avenue., Slide number 74., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount.