Back to top

Doorway of Livezey House, 3 p.m.
Exterior detail of the first floor, entrance doorway and the second floor doorway that opens onto the balcony. Dwelling built for Thomas Shoemaker 1733-1739. Thomas Livezey bought the property, including a grist mill, from Shoemaker in 1747 and named it Glen Fern. In 1909 became the Valley Green Canoe Club., Slide number 129., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount.

Livezey House, Gtn. From west bank of Wissahickon.
Distant view of the house from the west bank of Wissahickon Creek. Built for Thomas Shoemaker from 1733-1739. Thomas Livezey bought the property, including a grist mill, from Shoemaker in 1747 and named it Glen Fern. The house was enlarged and raised one story in 1765, and sometime before 1853 a rear ell was constructed., Slide number 127., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount., Also known as Glen Fern, the Thomas Shoemaker House and the Valley Green Canoe Club (1909).

Thos. Livezey House on Wissahickon.
Exterior view of the front facade of dwelling built for Thomas Shoemaker from 1733-1739. Thomas Livezey bought the property, including a grist mill, from Shoemaker in 1747 and named it Glen Fern. The house was enlarged and raised one story in 1765, and sometime before 1853 a rear ell was constructed., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount., Also known as Glen Fern, the Thomas Shoemaker House and the Valley Green Canoe Club (1909).