© Copyright 2017 - The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. TEL (215) 546-3181 FAX (215) 546-5167
For inquiries, please contact the IT Manager and Digital Humanities Coordinator
- View showing the inn built by Thomas Livezey circa 1850 near the Wissahickon Creek. The inn, managed by several proprietors under the Livezey family, was purchased by the city in 1872 and given over to the supervision of a patriotic women's society circa 1900. Shows signage adorning the building advertising a tea room and a telephone pay station. Lettering spelling "Valley Green" is visible on the side of the inn. Also shows a stone fence and a stable adjacent to the building., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount.