© Copyright 2017 - The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. TEL (215) 546-3181 FAX (215) 546-5167
For inquiries, please contact the IT Manager and Digital Humanities Coordinator
- Exterior view of east front of house built circa 1790. Purchased by merchant and philanthropist Thomas Armat in 1807. Armat resided here until his death in 1831. His family owned the property until 1841. The home was later occupied by Dr. William Ashmead., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount., Thomas Armat was one of the founders of St. Luke's Episcopal Church and donated the land on which the church was built. He also had Loudoun constructed for his only son, Thomas Wright Armat in 1801.