Back to top

Blair House, 6043 Main St. First 3 story house, 1775. In 1851 owned by Charlotte Cushman the actress.
Exterior view of west front of house built circa 1750 and purchased by Dr. William Shippen as a summer residence in 1775. Dr. Samuel Blair, Shippen's son-in-law and president of Princeton University, also lived here. House was later occupied by the Pennsylvania Manual Labor School under the direction of Dr. George Junkin. Also owned by actress Charlotte Cushman., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount., Also known as The Laurens.