© Copyright 2017 - The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. TEL (215) 546-3181 FAX (215) 546-5167
For inquiries, please contact the IT Manager and Digital Humanities Coordinator
- Exterior view of east front of the Deshler-Morris House, built in 1772 for Quaker merchant David Deshler. Colonel Isaac Franks' owned the house when George Washington sought refuge here from the Yellow Fever epidemic that swept through Philadelphia in 1793. Nicknamed the "Germantown White House" during his occupation. The Morris family occupied the house for more than 100 years until they donated it to the National Park Service in 1948., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount.