© Copyright 2017 - The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. TEL (215) 546-3181 FAX (215) 546-5167
For inquiries, please contact the IT Manager and Digital Humanities Coordinator
- Exterior view of the Indian Rock Hotel, named after the statue of Tedyuscung that stands on Indian Rock overlooking Wissahickon Creek. Located at Monastery Avenue and Wissahickon Drive, near Wissahickon Creek. Depicts the second hotel, built in the early 1870s following the purchase of the original building by the Fairmount Park Commission, procured by Charles Weingartner in 1894. The building was razed prior to 1916., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount.
- View depicting the original Indian Rock Hotel, opened in 1848 by Reuben Sands north of Rex Avenue Bridge near Indian Rock in the Wissahickon Valley. The hotel was sold to the Fairmount Park Commission in 1872 and Sands opened a second Indian Rock Hotel at a nearby location. Building later used as police headquarters., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount., Also identified as Wissahickon Hall and the Fairmount Park Guard House.