Back to top

Building in rear of the Johnson house, Washington Lane.
Exterior view of ivy-covered, stone outbuilding in the rear of the Johnson house, showing two four story, brick apartment buildings in the background. Divided from the Johnson homestead by a stone wall., Slide number 77., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount., Johnson house built 1765-1768 by master builder Jacob Knor and occupied by John Johnson during the Battle of Germantown. The house sustained damage in the battle, including a hole in the parlor door caused by a cannon ball and a chipped corner of the house above the fence. Served as a station on the Underground Railroad.

Doorway to Johnson House, Main & Washington Ln.
Exterior detail of front doorway of house built 1765-1768 by master builder Jacob Knor and occupied by John Johnson during the Battle of Germantown. The house sustained injuries in the battle, including a hole in the parlor door caused by a cannon ball and a chipped corner of the house above the fence. Served as a station on the Underground Railroad. The Woman's Club of Germantown occupied the house after 1917., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount.

[[The]] Johnson House, Main & Washington Lane, built in 1768 by John Johnson. The doors & hall show marks of bullets in battle of Germantown.
Exterior view of north flank and east front of house built 1765-1768 by master builder Jacob Knor and occupied by John Johnson during the Battle of Germantown. The house sustained injuries in the battle, including a hole in the parlor door caused by a cannon ball and a chipped corner of the house above the fence. Served as a station on the Underground Railroad. The Woman's Club of Germantown occupied the house after 1917., Slide number 78., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount.

Old Johnson House, N. W. Main & Washington Lane.
Exterior view of south flank and east front of house built 1765-1768 by master builder Jacob Knor and occupied by John Johnson during the Battle of Germantown. The house sustained injuries in the battle, including a hole in the parlor door caused by a cannon ball and a chipped corner of the house above the fence. Served as a station on the Underground Railroad. The Woman's Club of Germantown occupied the house after 1917., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount.

Rear of Johnson House, Main St. & Washington Lane.
Exterior view of north flank of house taken from the rear of the property looking toward Germantown Avenue. Rear of house obscured by trees. Built 1765-1768 by master builder Jacob Knor and occupied by John Johnson during the Battle of Germantown. The house sustained injuries in the battle, including a hole in the parlor door caused by a cannon ball and a chipped corner of the house above the fence. Served as a station on the Underground Railroad. The Woman's Club of Germantown occupied the house after 1917., Slide number 76., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount.