© Copyright 2017 - The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. TEL (215) 546-3181 FAX (215) 546-5167
For inquiries, please contact the IT Manager and Digital Humanities Coordinator
- Exterior view of east front of house on land purchased by Dirck Keyser from Adam Simon Kuhn in 1756. Keyser operated a tannery in the rear of the property, which was willed to his son Peter Keyser in 1810. Cedar fence pierced by bullets during the Battle of Germantown. Occupied by Mr. Ellwood Johnson circa 1902. Portions of the tannery buildings in the rear of the property were demolished in 1952., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount.