Back to top

Knorr house, N.W. Main St. & Walnut Lane, from pencil sketch on a visiting card, made in 1862.
Copy of an oval shaped sketch from an 1862 visiting card depicting an exterior view of the residence of John George Knorr at the northwest corner of Germantown Avenue and Walnut Lane. Property owned by the family 1728-1849. House razed in 1868 for Jacob Albright to make way for a store., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount.