For inquiries, please contact the IT Manager and Digital Humanities Coordinator
- Exterior view of front facade of the colonial mansion, Laurel Hill. The central portion of the house was built circa 1767, the single story addition circa 1800 and the octagonal wing after 1837. Built for Rebecca Rawle and her second husband, Samuel Shoemaker. The house was purchased by physician Philip Syng Physick in 1828 and it passed to Physick's daughter Sarah Randolph who in turn sold it to the Fairmount Park Commission in 1869. The Commission used it for employee housing from 1869-1901 and then leased it to two organizations, The Colonial Dames of America and later the Women for Greater Philadelphia, who opened it to the public., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount.