© Copyright 2017 - The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. TEL (215) 546-3181 FAX (215) 546-5167
For inquiries, please contact our IT Department
- Exterior view of stone barn in the rear of the property at the southwest corner of Germantown Avenue and School House Lane. Dr. George Bensell erected a residence on the site of Jacob Tellner's dwelling in 1795. Although this residence was torn down in 1880, Bensell's barn survived in the rear of the property. Germantown Saving Fund occupied the building at the front of the property at the time of this photograph., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount.
- Exterior view of west and north facades of dwelling, once the Wyck barn, built in 1796 by J. Frederick Thomas. Architect Mantle Fielding converted the old barn into a residence circa 1891., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount., Later known as the Franklin Courtney Residence.