Back to top

Building in rear of the Johnson house, Washington Lane.
Exterior view of ivy-covered, stone outbuilding in the rear of the Johnson house, showing two four story, brick apartment buildings in the background. Divided from the Johnson homestead by a stone wall., Slide number 77., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount., Johnson house built 1765-1768 by master builder Jacob Knor and occupied by John Johnson during the Battle of Germantown. The house sustained damage in the battle, including a hole in the parlor door caused by a cannon ball and a chipped corner of the house above the fence. Served as a station on the Underground Railroad.