© Copyright 2017 - The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. TEL (215) 546-3181 FAX (215) 546-5167
For inquiries, please contact the IT Manager and Digital Humanities Coordinator
- Depicts Germantown's Market Square. Includes the Civil War monument, erected in 1883 by the members of Ellis Post, No. 6, Grand Army of the Republic. Shows the granite figure of a soldier at "parade rest." Monument moved to Belmont Avenue and George's Hill Drive in West Fairmount Park in 1909.The front of the Market Square Presbyterian Church is visible in the background, along with the Fromberger House, located south of the church at 5501-5505 Germantown Avenue., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title and date given in manuscript on mount.