Back to top

5300 Main St. at present parsonage of Trinity Luth. Church. Formerly Sauer's property. In cellar first type case in America 1772.
View of the south flank and east front of the Sower House, built in three stages: the rear ell circa 1723, the front section circa 1755 and the union of these two sections circa 1795. Owned by the Sower (Sauer) family, who purportedly created the first type cast in America in the basement of this house in 1772-73. Owned by the Trinity Lutheran Church since 1836 and used as a church house since 1950., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount.