© Copyright 2017 - The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. TEL (215) 546-3181 FAX (215) 546-5167
For inquiries, please contact the IT Manager and Digital Humanities Coordinator
- Exterior view of north flank and east front of house built 1765-1768 by master builder Jacob Knor and occupied by John Johnson during the Battle of Germantown. The house sustained injuries in the battle, including a hole in the parlor door caused by a cannon ball and a chipped corner of the house above the fence. Served as a station on the Underground Railroad. The Woman's Club of Germantown occupied the house after 1917., Slide number 78., Photographer's imprint printed on mount., Title given in manuscript on mount.