© Copyright 2017 - The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. TEL (215) 546-3181 FAX (215) 546-5167
For inquiries, please contact our IT Department
- Lantern slide showing a dilapidated house on the left bank of the Mullica River in the Atsion community. The branches of a fallen tree extend over the water next to the house. Two canoes pass with two rowers in each canoe. Canoe on the right holds a man and woman. Canoe in left holds two men, including possibly Marriott C. Morris' brother-in-law, Thomas C. Potts (right). Mullica River, also previously known as Little Egg Harbor River and Atison River, is named after Finnish settler Eric Palsson Mullica (1636-approximately 1704). The river starts in central Camden County and empties into the Great Bay north of Atlantic City., Digitization and cataloging has been made possible through the generosity of David Marriott Morris, Eleanor Rhoads Morris Cox, and William Perot Morris in memory of Marriott Canby Morris and his children: Elliston Perot Morris, Marriott Canby Morris Jr., and Janet Morris and in acknowledgment of his grandchildren: William Perot Morris, Eleanor Rhoads Morris Cox, Jonathan White Morris, and David Marriott Morris., Edited.