||Taylor, Frank H. (Frank Hamilton), 1846-1927
||View of the Colonnade Hotel on Chestnut Street. Pedestrians are on the sidewalk and ornate carriages pass on the street.
||Colonnade Row was built upon the south side of Chestnut street, between Fifteenth and Sixteenth streets, in the year 1830.
The Epiphany Church, opposite, was erected four years later. The present Colonnade Hotel covers part of the site and derives
its name from this group of once modern houses, which were novel in design and one of the earliest residential operations
west of Broad Street. They were removed in 1868.
||Taylor Catalog Number: 107
|Is part of
||Frank H. Taylor Collection
||Taylor - Case 2-11 [2717.F]