||Taylor, Frank H. (Frank Hamilton), 1846-1927
||The Roberts Mansion
||Depicts a three-story home on the corner of Walnut and Nineteenth Streets. It is identified as being built by Dr. Philip
Syng Physick and later owned by Algernon Sidney Roberts.
||The fine old homestead at the northwest corner of Walnut and Nineteenth Streets was built, some eighty years ago, by Dr. Philip
Syng Physick, of distinguished memory, whose descendants inter-married with several of our most exclusive families. The property
was bought in 1864 by Algernon Sidney Roberts, whose daughters occupied it until recent years. At the date of this sketch
(in 1918), the house has been loaned as headquarters of the French War Relief Committee in Pennsylvania, in charge of a group
of patriotic ladies.
||Taylor Catalog Number: 155
|Is part of
||Frank H. Taylor Collection
||Taylor - Case 3-2 [2717.F]