||Taylor, Frank H. (Frank Hamilton), 1846-1927
||Oxford Trinity Church
||Depicts a church surrounded by a graveyard. Two people stand at the entrance.
||Once a remote outpost of the Protestant Episcopal Church, this "meeting house" of a congregation well beyond its second century
remains devoted to its original service. It was built by Welsh settlers in Oxford Township "nine miles form Philadelphia,"
as a mission of the English CHurch. The present building replaced a former structure burned in 1762. The tower was built
in 1839. Its field of graves holds the dust of very many of the once prominent people of the section.
||Taylor Catalog Number: 359
|Is part of
||Frank H. Taylor Collection
||Taylor - Case 6-9 [2717.F]