||This hotel, one of the last of its type, in Philadelphia, was opened in 1883, by Thomas Dooner, who had previously conducted
a hotel at Chestnut and Eighth Streets. "Dooners" catered to men only and had always a capacity patronage. It has now, at
the beginning of 1924, been sold to the Federal Reserve Bank and will soon, it is understood, be replaced by a structure required
by the business of that financial corporation. In recent years Dooner's has been conducted by Mr. Thomas F. Dooner, the son
of its founder.