||Taylor, Frank H. (Frank Hamilton), 1846-1927
||General Wayne Tavern
||View of a stone inn shaded by trees and surrounded by hedges.
||This house was one of the most popular of the many inns which were formerly scattered along the Lancaster turnpike. It is
located at Frazer Station upon the Main line of the Pennsylvania Railroad. The present building was erected after the Revolution
upon the site of an earlier tavern dating from about 1745. It was orignially called the Admiral Vernon. It is now a private
country home. Such changes as its present owner has made have been effected without injury to the interesting original woodwork
or the exterior design. It is located about twenty miles from Philadelphia.
||Taylor Catalog Number: 267
|Is part of
||Frank H. Taylor Collection
||Taylor - Case 9-22 [2717.F]