||Taylor, Frank H. (Frank Hamilton), 1846-1927
||The Darby Meeting
||Reproduction of a drawing of a scene showing two buildings in a pastoral setting with pedestrians on sidewalks in the foreground.
Buildings are seperated by the sidewalk by a picket fence.
||The Darby "Friends," a group then zealous, if few in numbers, organized a meeting in 1864 and, three years later, built a
place of worship of logs. This also served as a town meeting house. The existing buildings were erected in 1805. Most of the
members came from the county Derby, England. After considerably more than a century of use the structures, in good repair,
and the adjoining burial ground are maintained by the Quaker descendants of the original settlers.
||Taylor Catalog Number: 309
|Is part of
||Frank H. Taylor Collection
||Taylor - Case 11-5 [2717.F]