||Taylor, Frank H. (Frank Hamilton), 1846-1927
||Reproduction of a drawing depicting a building with the sinage "1724 Carpenters' Hall." Figures walk and converse in the courtyard
in front of the building.
||This venerated structure is reached by a brief passageway leading south from Chestnut Street, between Third and Fourth Streets.
It is owned by the ancient Carpenters' Company. It was within its walls that, nearly two years prior to the signing of the
Declaration of Independence, the first Continental Congress, composed of delegates from eleven provinces, adopted measures
which advocated and finally led to the War of the Revolution and seperation from the dominion of Great Britain. The building
is open to visitors upon weekdays.
||Taylor Catalog Number: 353
|Is part of
||Frank H. Taylor Collection
||Taylor - Case 12-19 [2717.F]